Meal Prepping Week 6
Week of October 1st
This past weekend was busy with Church events that my meal prep for this week was spread over the course of several days. Due to the multi-day ordeal, I did not get to pre-pack any meal containers as I have done in previous weeks. I did not mind the break though. Just to have meals already planned, prepped, and cooked was plenty enough of a success especially this week. The only meals I put together was white bean and chicken chili and mini chicken pot pies. Everything else composed of putting together a protein, grain, and veggie of your choice.
I prepared the following:
- 4 lbs of Chicken (boiled, shredded)
- 1 lb of Great Northern Beans (cooked in pressure cooker to save time)
- 1 lb of Turkey Meatballs (baked in barbecue sauce)
- 2 Packs of Extra Firm Tofu (pan-fried)
- White Rice + Red Quinoa
- Oatmeal (sectioned out in jars with peanut butter and 1 tsp of brown sugar for easy serving in the mornings)
- Fall Zucchette Pasta (for Aaron)
- Sweet Potato (baked)
- Cabbage (sautéed with a little oil, garlic, and salt)
- Broccoli (raw)
- Peas, Corn, and Green Beans (frozen; steamed in bag)
Plans for meal prepping next week
I still have not made that Asian chicken noodle soup I have been talking about for a couple weeks now. Do not know what the hold up is but next week, it will be our first dinner meal. My husband bought a huge pack of ground turkey burger so I do know we will have some type of Italian meal (probably spaghetti) at least. At this moment, I am in a little meal prep rut, but hopefully I will have the week fully planned out by Sunday. Time to go back to Pinterest for some new but simple meal ideas!
P.S.: I forgot to add that I was able to freeze some extra chili and pot pie filling for another time! This is a first since I have started prepping, but I do appreciate being able to pull down prepared from the freezer whenever I am in a time/meal crunch.