After wearing her previous cornrow hairstyle in for 2 weeks, I wanted to switch back to a basic twist style on Z’s hair. I am planning on a yarn wrap install on her hair in a few weeks and want to allow her hair and scalp to rest before then.
- I applied conditioner and water to her hairstyle for easy removal.
- Used pick to quickly remove cornrows
- Sprayed hair as needed with distilled water
- Process took 45 minutes
- Co-washed her hair
- Detangled hair into several sections
- Finger detangled first before using Denman brush
- Twisted each section following detangling to prevent retangling
- Thoroughly rinsed conditioner out of hair using warm water
- Applied Shea Moisture Curl Milk and extra virgin olive oil, respectively, to each section.
- Twisted each section in medium sized twists.
- Took 1.25 hours to twist her entire head.
I don’t have any special plans for her hair with this style in except maybe a twist out by the end of the week. I am not sure how well a twist out will hold up for her while at school, but I guess there’s a first for everything! I will retwist her hair this upcoming Saturday and plan to moisturize her hair with water nightly before bed.
Oh how I love her silliness and big smile! 🙂